Lemonade Alley is our flagship youth entrepreneur challenge where students build a mall of lemonade stands to raise money for the charities of their choices. Join one of our events or apply for a license to run your own Lemonade Alley Shallenge. See the 5th Year Video » and LemonadeAlley.com »
Youth Entrepreneurs “Profit to Share!”
Lemonade Alley is an entrepreneurial and charitable giving challenge for teams of 2-5 students grades K-12 to sell lemonade to support charities of their choice. Cash and gift prizes are awarded in three divisions (grades K-4, 5-8 and 9-12). Teams compete by doing the following:
- Create a Lemonade Recipe
- Build a Lemonade Stand
- Choose a Charity to Support
Optional Workshops & Workbooks
This program also offers an optional weekend workshop series and Lemonade Alley Workbooks that students can do on their own if they cannot attend live workshops.
- Workshop 1, Recipe Making: Students get hands-on time with chefs to learn the finer points of mixology. Food costing and financial modeling are also part of this interactive day.
- Workshop 2, Stand Design: Students get hands-on time with professional designers and retailers. Brand development, service engineering and customer service are part of this day.
- Workshop 3, Sales Pitching: Students get mic time in front of PR and media professionals in preparation for their 1-minute pitch at the Main Event.
Lemonade Alley is a day of learning, selling and supporting local charities. Teams are judged on a “StoryTree” 1-page business plan, recipe tasting, booth design, 1-minute pitch on stage and net income performance. The day features main stage judging and entertainment along with Lemonade Alley traditions including, “Yellow Carpet Intros,” “Start Your Lemons,” and Opening of the Umbrellas.” Typical event day consists of:
- 1 hour Lemonade Stand Building
- Opening Ceremonies
- Taste Test Judging
- Business Plan & Booth Judging
- Sales Pitch Judging
- Awards & Closing Ceremony
We seek community support in the following areas:
- Event Sponsors
- Prize Donors
- Workshop Mentors (recipe, stand building, pitch training)
Please Contact Us if you’d like to become part of the Lemon Crew.
Lemonade Alley is designed as a project-based learning challenge that readies students for real life success. Built-in success themes include:
Financial Literacy. Lemonade Alley includes specific financial literacy components including:
- Micro-Lending Program where students may take small seed funding loans to start their businesses.
- Financial Forecasting Exercise where teams estimate supply costs and sales as part of the competition.
- Bank Literacy Program where teams are required to deposit their sales proceeds into an on-site bank.
Innovation & Creativity. lemonade stands have historically been the prototypical student business because they invite innovation in all areas of business including team-building, product development, sales environment, branding, marketing, sales, customer service and business modeling.
People Skills. Lemonade Alley is formulated to require teamwork, leadership development, communication, collaboration and sales skills.
STEM Skills. Science, technology, engineering and math skills are all key parts of creating a business at Lemonade Alley. Recipe development is clearly science and typically includes technological tools. Stand design also includes leveraging technology and technological tools as well as centers on engineering skills. Finally, financial literacy in the context of business is clearly applied math.
For more, see the official website at LemonadeAlley.com »