Bizgenics Foundation empowers all people to discover unique skills and learn positive social values to catalyze a bright future.
Founded in 2012, Bizgenics is an educational 501(C)(3) nonprofit organization that specializes in creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship programs, with an emphasis in education for under-served youth. We specialize in STEM/STEAM, project-based learning and design-thinking experiences that teach multi-disciplinary skills for application to career pathways. Our mission as noted above is further explained as:
- “All People”: We aim to serve all people regardless of age, gender, race, socioeconomic position, geographic, etc. A key strategy to effect this is to deliver our programs in both traditional print and modern digital software throughout the world.
- “Discover Unique Skills”: We believe that each person has a unique combination of skills and perspective. The goal therefore is to help individuals understand their unique powers which fosters personal motivation, desire and interest. We believe that individuals’ “pull” motivations yield superior results than institutional “push” strategies.
- “Learn Positive Social Values”: We believe that the idea of making mere profits in business is a low bar of success. While businesses need to make a profit to care for team members and to power sustainable business works, we place great emphasis in the idea that truly great businesses make enough to support worthy causes too. Higher achievement and impactful legacy lies in achieving social good. Thus, the idea of learning positive social values is key to developing the instincts to high success.
- “To Catalyze”: Our goal is to empower people to become agents (“Venture Catalysts”) of positive change through the arts of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- “A Bright Future”: We champion the idea that business is defined as simply being helpful. By extension, we also champion the idea of the “Social Venture” as a business that is simultaneously self-sustaining (including making a profit) and does significant good for the world in at least one of the what we call the 3Ps ~ People, Planet & Philanthropy (see Values section below).
Empower all people to help society through creativity, innovation & entrepreneurship.
- “All People”: We champion all people discovering unique strengths and the confidence to proactivity engage in making their interests and dreams into reality. We seek to affect all people irrespective of ethnic origin, gender, socio-economic, life circumstance or any other factor.
- “Creativity”: We champion creative processes including the art of inspiration, design-thinking and communication arts to turn ideas into action.
- “Innovation”: We champion turning ideas into useful outcomes. This includes fostering STEM/STEAM, project-based learning, design-thinking, hackathons and other education programs.
- “Entrepreneurship”: We champion the development of innovations that yield measurable value. This includes visioning of enterprises that are economically sustainable, yet strive for true legacy as social ventures that help society beyond mere productization and profit.
“3P” Impact Values
Help People, Planet & Philanthropies
- People: creating support and value, particularly to the under-served and those in need.
- Planet: protecting and renewing planetary environments, plants and animals.
- Philanthropies: providing resources to organizations that drive 3P impacts.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We recognize the diversity of each member of our community and value the benefits of sharing experiences, viewpoints, and ideas in a climate of civility and mutual respect. We’re committed to fostering a culture of respect, equity and inclusion and believe it is the responsibility of every member of our organization.
- Diversity: Diversity embraces human differences while building interconnections. We recognize diversity in our community to include, but not limited to, race/ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, language, culture, religion, mental and physical ability, national origin, military status and other definitions.
- Equity: Equity is creating and maintaining systems and conditions where all have the opportunity to succeed, through access and participation, such that all may achieve equal outcomes.
- Inclusion: Inclusion is the active, intentional, and ongoing creation and support of an environment where all feel welcomed, and the human dignity of each individual is respected, and valued.
Let’s Make Lemonade!
Ready to fix the world? We sure are and would love to have you join us. Become a sponsor, volunteer or help spread the word. At Bizgenics we stand ready to make the world a better place through creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship!
Love, Lemons & Aloha,