Bizgenics was founded as a result of a youth entrepreneurship contest called Lemonade Alley which was held in 2011 at ’Iolani School in Honolulu, Hawaii. At its core, Lemonade Alley was a simple lemonade stand contest. K-12 students built stands. They sold lemonade. But the “twist” is that they did it for charities of their choices. This made Lemonade Alley an all-in-one innovation challenge, entrepreneurial contest and charitable giving program. For youth, was about empowerment and finding the hero within. For adults, it’s was a chance to play like a kid again and strengthen family, professional and community relationships.
After the first contest, funds were offered to continue the project which necessitated opening a nonprofit in order to receive funds. Over the years, Lemonade Alley matured into a movement complete with rich traditions and a mission of creating champions. Heroes. Smart students. Giving students. Great parents. Engaged teachers. Generous sponsors. And better communities for all. Lemonade Alley became a testament to the power of a good idea and a ton of elbow grease. From the very start, corporate sponsors, judges, mentors and volunteers showed up to make a truly unique and picturesque event.
In succeeding years, Lemonade Alley has become more clearly defined as an entrepreneurship-meets-philanthropy challenge. This unique position was captured in our 2013 slogan, “Profit to Share,” which became our nonprofit’s mantra. Our message is that the world is bountiful enough for innovators to support themselves while giving back to their communities.
Legacy Through Innovation
Bizgenics’ Mission is to help individuals create a positive legacy through social venture programs that teach positive values of finding one’s personal cause, being helpful, solving problems and making the world a better place. Our Vision: Help individuals find their cause, become helpful and deliver a positive legacy to make the world a better place. Our Mantra: Profit to Share!
At Bizgenics, we celebrate the following:
- All people are creative and can do good.
- Business is simply a way to be helpful.
- Always offer hope, inspiration and encouragement.
We champion the following:
- Entrepreneurship: create tools and programs for all ages in creativity, innovation, design-thinking, business and financial literacy.
- Education: create hands-on Project-Based Learning (PBL) tools for grades K-12 including STEM, STEAM and 21st Century Soft Skills, mentorship and career pathway programs. Create social venture tools for individuals and entities including nonprofits.
- Ecology: protect and renew the environment through eco-stewardship & sustainability programs.
We measure program impacts by 3Ps:
- People: number of individuals helped, inspired and moved to action.
- Planet: ecology metrics such as reduce, reuse, recycle, protect and sustain.
- Philanthropy: legacy metrics such as social investment and charitable giving.
On behalf of the entire crew at Bizgenics, thanks for helping empower “Profit to Share!”
Love, Lemons & Aloha,
Steve Sue, Chief Lemon Head & Chairman, Bizgenics Foundation